MONTECILLO 22 BARRICAS
Awards and Prizes
International Wine & Spirit Competition
The Wine Advocate (Robert Parker)
CRAFTING AND AGING
6.600 unique bottles pay tribute to the traditional winemaking style of our founder Celestino Navajas.
Winemaking and aging:
- Pre and post-fermentation maturation for 25 days.
- Alcoholic fermentation at controlled temperature of 28ºC for each varietal.
- Second fermentation in underground vats.
- Barrel aging (oxidative) in high quality French oak Allier and Tronçais barrels during 30 months.
- Bottle aging (reductive) for a minimum of 5 years prior to release.
LOOK: Bright and deep cherry red color.
AROMA & PALATE: Intense aromas dominated by balsamic notes and spices like clove, bay leaf and tea from its oak aging heritage. Seductive palate with balanced and elegant acidity, great structure, round and polished tannins. Very long finish that clearly represent the stature of Rioja’s best Gran Reservas.
The perfect accompaniment to light sauced dishes and meat, fatty fish, cured meats or chocolate desserts. This wine needs time to express all its aromatic potential, for which we strongly recommend decanting prior to service.