30% Sauvignon Blanc
35% Tempranillo Blanco
CRAFTING AND AGING
- Hand-harvested whole bunches of 60 year-old gobelet-pruned Viura vines in Rioja Alta. Tempranillo blanco from clay-rich soils and Sauvignon Blanc from calcareous soils.
- Destemming followed by a long cold maceration for primary varietal extraction and soft pressing.
- Low temperature alcoholic fermentation in small flextanks.
- Transfer to soft-toast French oak barrels for partial malolactic fermentation (Virua and Tempranillo).
- Cotinuous battongage during four months in contact with lees toenhance the body and structure.
- Final blend and bottling.
LOOK: Bright and clean pale lemon, with lemon green highlights.
AROMA & PALATE: Great depth on the nose, with pronounced pear and citrus notes with creamy and toast notes. Autolytic notes from lees contact Elegant and fresh on the palate good acidity that allows aging potential.
A very versatile wine in terms of food pairing due to its extraordinary complexity, from smoked fish and foie gras to meats, mature cheeses or Iberian charcuterie. We strongly recommend aeration on the glass to showcase its full aromatic potential.